What Are Fathers’ Rights?
Description: The Attorneys at Hardy Law Group, PLLC. explain,
Due to the prevalence of mothers receiving full or chief custody, many fathers believe that the only rights that they can achieve are visitation rights. However, fathers can often gain many other important rights if they have the right legal guidance. These include
- Deciding who can babysit the children or what daycare they attend;
- Having the kids on major holidays;
- Having a say in whether or not the mother can move away with the children;
- Paying only a reasonable amount of child support;
- Joint custody;
- In cases where you can prove neglect by the mother, full custody.
Remember, the child’s mother cannot deny you your rights. If she tries, contact your family lawyer immediately. By and large, police can do little in such civil matters, but you can still get in trouble for attempting to take matters into your own hands.
Call For A Free Consultation